The Scope of this Foundation/Organisation is:
- To sustain the development and the well-being of children in care in Maltese Children’s homes;
- To seek and promote on a national and international level, the participation of the Organisation;
- To sponsor and exploit extracurricular activities for children in care such as music, arts, sports, etc.
- To raise society’s awareness of difficulties and the needs of these children even at a very tender age
- To promote and present the interests of the Organisation’s members to the notice of local administration and authorities, international Organisations, and other authorities;
- To raise funds by means of subscription of members or otherwise for all the purposes and objectives of the organisation in such amounts and in such manner as may be authorized by the Executive Committee;
- To form part of any national/international Organisation/s whose aims are similar to that of the Organisation;
- To do all that which is ancillary, incidental, or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
In a nutshell, we identify children in care as having some kind of talent that can’t be developed unless there is extra help and we raise funds in order to supplement the Homes where they are given care or to help the children directly so that they will be able to develop their talent and to engage in activities outside the boundaries of the Home.
ACICA also sponsors therapy sessions for those kids that would require such help in order to be brought, as much as possible, at par with their peers.